Induction of the students in few numbers from Universities / colleges for carrying out short term (minimum of 3 months) project work in this laboratory will be made based on the requirement of R&D activities of the Institute on case to case basis. However, the number of such admissions, which may vary from time to time, will be based only on the requirement of the scientists of R&D Division/Sections of the Institute followed by the merit.
A Certificate will be given to the students after the successful completion of Internship.
Students doing the postgraduate courses such as M.Sc, M.Phil, M.Pharm, MCA, M.E. and M.Tech in universities / colleges and interested to carry out the final year / semester projects as part of their curriculum can apply.
Students satisfying the eligibility criteria can apply with following documents through online.
(1) Recommendation / Introduction by the HOD/Principal of the college for Project Dissertation in the format given below.
Download the Recommendation Form
(2) Detailed Curriculum vitae (CV) (provide the marks in percentage)
(3) Attested Copies of the all marks cards upto the last semester/year.
All students admitted to the project work should pay the project fee of Rs. 2500/- per month. The payment should be made in the form of online transfer for the complete duration of the project at the time of admission.
NOTE: The students of SC/ST/EWS category, INSPIRE Fellows, students from IIT/NIT/IISER are exempted from fee.
All students admitted to the summer internship should pay fee of Rs. 5000/- per month. The payment should be made in the form of online transfer for the complete duration of the project at the time of admission.
NOTE: The students of SC/ST/EWS category, INSPIRE Fellows, Students who eligible for IASc-INSA-NASI SRF or Any other fellowship holders are exempted from fee.
The applications received until 15th of each month will be scrutinised and if selected permission will be granted for candidates to start the project from first of the coming month.
(1) Only those applications completed in all respects and relevant enclosures and received by the Director and forwarded to HRAD before the last date mentioned above would be considered and short listed.
(2) The merit list prepared based on the marks obtained in the last semester/year of the PG course and based on UG marks would be prepared area wise and sent to respective divisions.
(3) Heads of the Divisions in consultation with the other scientists/technical officers , would recommend only those applications to HRAD based on the merit of the candidate and positions available with the supervisors.
(4) Selected students would be intimated through the CSIR-NIIST Project Dissertation/Internship website with details of date of joining. No correspondence will be made in respect of applications not recommended for the admission.
All the students selected for carrying out the project work and intimated for admission should come in person on the date and time fixed and intimated to them without fail. Candidates who fail to join without prior approval from HRAD, on the above date would forfeit the offer of placement.